Welcome to the Kat Eye Studio, my online creative home. I’m excited to have you join me here in my ongoing quest to explore photography, creativity, and inspiration. I love to connect with others, sharing my personal creative journey, and helping others find their unique vision of the world too.
While I’ve been studying photography since getting my first film SLR in 2000, it wasn’t until 2010 that I declared myself an artist. It took living in Italy for two years on a corporate work assignment to elevate photography from “interest” to “passion.” Through capturing images of my extensive travels around Europe along with writing on my blog, The Kat Eye View of the World, I learned the power of images and words together as a form of artistic expression. I found a deeper connection with photography as a revelation of my heart and soul. I discovered through sharing my journey on the blog and online classes that I can help others can find the same connection.
I believe we all have a unique vision of the world, there is no right or wrong point of view. Everyone’s voice deserves recognition in the conversation, thus making the world a richer place. Being an artist is a choice we make, by creating and sharing our vision. With digital photography as one of the most accessible art mediums available today, won’t you join me in exploring photography as a form of your own creative expression?
Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Places to Find Me
Writing and Articles
- Mortal Muses collaborative photography site, posting every two weeks from August 2010 through March 2012.
- The Connection for Shutter Sisters
- Recognizing your Photographic Style for MasteringPhoto.com
- The Care and Feeding of Inspiration for Ramblings and Photos by Ashley Sisk
- Shared Story for Do What You Love For Life
- Balance for Elizabeth GLZ
- 2010 Word of the Year: Accept for Christine Kane
- Lessons from Abroad series for Jenny Shih
- Change Up Your Schedule
- Find a Regular Practice
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Put Ideas on the Table
- Join the Blogosphere
- The Lessons from Abroad series continues on The Kat Eye View of the World blog periodically.
- Your Favorite Senses for Creative Every Day
Interviews and Features
- Moms Who Click
- Tea with Toan
- Paint Party Friday
- Seek Your Course
- Rachael Taylor Designs
- Diana Mulder Art
- Just Travelin’ Through
- Ekphrasis: Photos Speak Out, group show in the South Santiam Hall Gallery, Albany, Oregon, April 2013
- Howland Community Open, Pegasus Presentation Prize winner, The Arts Center, Corvallis, Oregon, March 2013
- Photography at the Edge, 2013 themed exhibition at Newspace Center for Photography, Portland, Oregon, February 2013
- Taste and Flavor: Salty, group show in the David Joyce Gallery, Eugene, Oregon, January-March 2013
- Oregon Waterways, group show in the Giustina Gallery, Corvallis, Oregon, December 2012
- Taste and Flavor: Spicy, group show in the David Joyce Gallery, Eugene, Oregon, September-December 2012
- 7th Annual Community Show, group show in the Giustina Gallery, Corvallis, Oregon, July 2012
- Market/Wheels Series, joint show with Phil Coleman in the Corrinne Woodman Galleries of The Arts Center, Corvallis, Oregon, April 2012
- The Nature of Oregon, group show in the Giustina Gallery, Corvallis, Oregon, November 2011