If you have an iPhone, you have an amazing creative device with you at all times! Smartphones and other mobile devices, with their tiny cameras and available apps, add a powerful new tool to any artist’s toolbox. The integrated cameras have astonishing performance for their size, and the available apps provide the power of creative editing, once only possible with high end software like PhotoShop, in an inexpensive and easy to use package. Come and learn the basics of creating art with your iOS device, and unleash your creativity wherever you go!
iPhone Art is available as a one- or two-day workshop.
Workshop Day One covers:
- How to get a good photograph with your iOS device camera
- File management strategies
- Basic photo editing techniques with apps
- App editing beyond photography
- Combining apps to create new and interesting works of art
Workshop Day Two covers:
- Composition for mobile photography
- Creating your own textures
- Creating your own backgrounds
- Advanced blending techniques
Required Equipment and Experience
No experience necessary! Participants should have an Apple device (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) with integrated camera and apps running the latest version of iOS.
Participants will also need to purchase ~$15-20 in apps, directly downloaded to their device prior to the workshop. The list of apps is provided after registration.
Can’t make a workshop? Check out Kat’s Art with an iPhone book! This book covers similar material as the workshop, providing you with the tools and skills you need to capture the best photographs and create amazing photographic art using the iPhone camera and apps, regardless of prior photography experience.