This Tutorial describes how to add a Blog Button to a post in Blogger. You can find other tutorials for Blogger and WordPress here.
1. Open Blogger and compose your blog post as you normally would.
2. When you have finished composing your post, switch to HTML mode.
3. In another browser window, navigate to the source of the blog button code. Highlight the code in the box and type Ctrl-C (Windows) or Cmd-C (Mac) to copy the code. Note: Be sure ALL of the code in the box is highlighted, or you will have problems with the button working.
4. In your blog post, paste the code at the very end of the post by typing Ctrl-V (Windows) or Cmd-V (Mac). Note: Make sure that you are at the very end of the blog post, and that you don’t accidentally insert the code into other parts of code.
5. Preview your blog post, to see that the button is there, by clicking “Preview” at the top of your editing window. Here is what the Preview should look like:
6. If you would like your button centered, type <center> immediately before the button code and </center> immediately after the button code.
7. Press “Publish” at the top of your editing window to Save and Publish your blog post. You are done! View your post to see the button at the end. When you click on the button, it will take you to the source. Nice!
If the button doesn’t appear or strange text appears when you are viewing the post, check the following:
1. Ensure you have copied all of the code from the source. There should be starting and closing html tags that look like this: <a at the start and /></a> at the end. If any of this code is missing, the button will not work.
2. Make sure you didn’t copy the code into other html. Scrolling all the way to the bottom of the post and placing your cursor at the very end before copying the button code will solve this problem.
3. Make sure you put any additional tags (such as centering tags) immediately before and after the code – no spaces!
Return to Tech Tutorials index here.