There’s one week left in the open call to artists in mobile photography. This is a great opportunity to liberate your art out into the world and share your work with a new audience. Have you submitted yet? Don’t delay! Deadline is June 2.
Expanding Vision: The Contribution of Mobile Photography
What: Call for photographs made with mobile devices (phones or tablets)
When: August 21 – September 28, 2014
Where: The Arts Center, Main Gallery, Corvallis, Oregon
Deadline to Apply: June 2, 2014
How to Apply: Online
Artists have embraced technology as an art-making process since photography became available in the 1800s. Each new technological advance increased the tools available for creativity and artistic expression through photography and mobile photography is no exception. This method of image making has the potential for the greatest widespread influence of any type of photographic innovation. People who would never have considered themselves an artist, or even creative at all, now have the means to be just that with mobile device camera technology at their fingertips.
We are looking for the full breadth and depth of what mobile photography has to offer. While the chemical darkroom allowed some latitude for expression, the digital darkroom increases the possibilities for manipulation of images even more dramatically. Mobile devices have a myriad of programs and apps–all on the device itself–that give the photographer an incredible opportunity for creative expression. Mobile photography ranges from the representational to the abstract, from street photography, still lifes, portraits and landscapes to fully abstracted impressions. We hope to see examples of all these approaches, highlighting how mobile photography contributes to the expanding artistic vision of photography.
- The Call is open to all individuals using a mobile device to take images.
- All images must have been taken in the last two years.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the jurors.
Terms and Parameters:
- The original image must be created and edited in its entirety on a mobile device, either phone or tablet.
- The submitting artist must be the owner of the image.
- All submissions must be via digital image uploaded via the submission form
- The $10 application fee must be received by the deadline. Applicants may submit up to 5 images for this amount.