So, we didn’t get rejected for the work permit but… we didn’t get it either. There are some complications that the folks in Italy helping with the application are trying to work through. The fact that we are employees of one company but will be working on another company’s site is apparently a problem. There was some additional documentation that our company had to provide and then they have another appointment on Friday. If I’ve learned anything after Tuesday, it’s don’t plan on a date for this stuff!
I liken it to when I was pregnant with Brandon… I didn’t realize until my due date passed how much I was looking forward to that date. And it was such a letdown when it came and went with nothing. But everything came out all right (no pun intended) then and it will now, just have to wait. And learn Italian.