Merry Christmas to all! We are having a great time here in Colorado. We had a safe and pretty clear road trip out here, we drove south through California and then over on I-80. 500 miles longer but very little snow, so it worked out well. Now we are enjoying the sunny (but cold) weather in Colorado.
Tasha is getting used to her new home, getting along well with Rizzo (her 5 year old golden retriever “cousin”) and getting lots of love from her new family. She’s even going up and down the stairs, which she has some trouble with at her advanced age.
A quick update on the work permit… delays continue. There are still complications with the approval by the Italian immigration authorities in Milan. There is some additional paperwork they would like to see, but with the shutdown at work and the holiday closures in Italy, nothing will happen until January. Even then, it may take a while to get the paperwork together. We aren’t sure that we will be able to go on our house-hunting trip in early January because of the delays, so things are really up in the air at the moment.
It’s a weird situation to be in this limbo. It feels like a real possibility that the Italian government might say No, which I hadn’t really believed could happen before. The people helping with our immigration approval in Italy are working really hard to not let that happen, but we don’t really know at this point. What a bummer that would be. But, until we have an answer one way or another, we keep waiting…